FTD Boot Camp - Frequently Asked Questions
- Which airport should I fly into?
- You can fly into Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) or Chicago Midway International Airport (MDW). ORD is approximately 19 miles from FTD, which is about a 30-40 minute drive depending on traffic/construction. MDW is approximately 26 miles from FTD, which is also about a 30-40 minute drive depending on traffic/construction.
- Do I need a rental car?
- No, you do not need a rental car. Pre-booking American Taxi is more cost-effective than a car rental. Most local hotels offer complimentary shuttles within five miles of the hotel, which would include transporting you to and from FTD Headquarters. Click here to view the American Taxi website and pre-book your taxi.
- How do I get from the airport to my hotel?
- We recommend pre-booking your taxi online at American Taxi. The cost from either airport to Downers Grove is approximately $35 plus tip. Click here to view the American Taxi website and pre-book your taxi.
- What hotel should I stay at?
- The DoubleTree Suites Downers Grove is conveniently located just across the parking lot from FTD, although you are welcome to stay at the hotel of your choice. Check the hotel link to view information for the DoubleTree Suites Downers Grove. The FTD corporate rate is $134/night plus tax and includes FREE breakfast daily and FREE high-speed internet access.
- How do I get from my hotel to FTD?
- If you are staying at the DoubleTree Suites Downers Grove, simply walk across the parking lot to FTD's two-story building. If you are staying at another hotel, make sure they have a shuttle that will drop you off at FTD by 8:00 am and pick you up from FTD around 5:15/5:30 pm.
- What meals are included in the registration fee?
- Morning and afternoon refreshment breaks and lunch are provided daily. A casual networking dinner is held on Monday night at the DoubleTree Suites Downers Grove.
- What do I do for dinner on Sunday and Tuesday?
- Most local hotels have a restaurant on property. They also offer complimentary shuttles within five miles of their property, which includes numerous restaurants from fast food options to five star dining.
- What should I wear for Boot Camp?
- We suggest you wear comfortable clothing and shoes. You may want to bring a sweater or light jacket in case the room gets too cool.
- Do I need to bring anything with me?
- Besides plenty of business cards for networking with your fellow attendees and comfy attire, please just bring a positive attitude and an open mind ready to learn everything you can to help you grow your business.
- Do I need to bring design tools with me?
- You may bring your tool kit with you if you wish, but it is not necessary. Every attendee will receive a complimentary FTD logo apron, floral knife and floral shears to use in the design sessions and to keep.
- Is there shopping nearby?
- Yorktown Center is located only 2 miles from FTD. It is an enclosed mall with over 150 specialty stores and 20 restaurants with current anchor stores Carson Pirie Scott, JCPenney and a flagship Von Maur, in addition to junior anchors HomeGoods and Marshalls. Target and an AMC Theatre & IMAX Cinema are also located on site.
Oakbrook Center is located 6 miles from FTD. It is an upscale outdoor mall with over 160 specialty stores and an abundance of one-of-a-kind dining and entertainment experiences. Current anchor stores are Lord & Taylor, Macy's, Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom and Sears.
- Is there a health club nearby?
- Guests of the DoubleTree Suites Downers Grove are able to get a complimentary pass for the Esplanade Fitness Club connected to the hotel.
If you have questions regarding any of the FTD education programs, please contact us at 800.788.9000 ext. 246240 or education@FTDi.com.